Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More of Christmas






I bought an old doll house for Piper for Christmas at a yard sale over the summer. A few days later I stoped at another one and they had an even more beautiful doll house for sale that came with lots of furniture. I had to get it. I decided to sell the smaller doll house on Craig's list. I would work on Piper's doll house after she was in bed and Quincey would watch me. Soon she was jealous of the beautiful doll house and told me how she wanted one too. Well, lucky enough, I did have another one hidden in my secret spot. I ended up fixing that one up too for Quincey when she was at school. It is fun that she is 13 and still wants a doll house. They both turned out great. I put Piper's house on a little table and made it into a lazy Susan that she can easily turn around. I thought it was a great idea. I got Boston a tether ball, Briggs a bike, Sarger a wooden train set and some old tonka trucks to play with in the dirt outside. I also got the kids new pillows and made them special pillow cases. It was a surprise to realize that we did not get our kids anything electronic this year. Not even anything that needs batteries. We didn't do that on purpose, it just turned out that way. It was just an overall fun year. All of our kids are still kids. These are special times.