Tuesday, May 19, 2009

There's A Crazy Donkey On The Loose!



When I came home from my art class today all of the goats were in the front yard. Those crazy goats have found a way to the "greener pastures" of the front yard! As I ran around waving my arms and screaming at the goats, I forgot to chain up the fence and Colonel, our donkey, pushed his way through, on to freedom! Just in case you did not know, when a horse or a donkey gets loose, they are totally different creatures. They go crazy and will do anything to stay free. Being the only one at home, I did my best to get food to try and tempt Colonel but he was not impressed. I got desperate, I needed Quincey. The attendance clerk at the middle school is in our ward, so when I explained that I needed Quincey because our donkey was running the neighborhood, she just laughed and said, "No problem." "Quincey can do it, I just know she can." As we drove into the neighborhood, Colonel was no where to be found. I had visions of him running up the main road and finding ourselves on the Flower Mound Newspaper front page. Quincey got straight to business. I took the car and drove around the block the opposite way. I did not see him at all. When I arrived home again my plan was to call the police to see if I could get some help. I reached the house and was THRILLED to see Quincey guiding Colonel into the corral with a rope around his neck. She did it! I knew she could! Thank goodness! Quincey earned a day of lounging at home. We watched "Twilight" together and had a great time! Ya, she's a donkey whisperer.