Thursday, May 6, 2010

Camping









Daddy took the family camping this spring. We camped at Lake Grapevine, which is about 4 miles from our house. Daddy went down early Friday morning to get a good camp spot. The spot he got was amazing. I hope that we can go there again. We went with two families from our ward. The evening was perfect, with nice weather and it just felt great being outdoors. All went well until we heard the crack of lightning. Yes, at about 2:30, it started to rain. We were unprepared for it. The rain was starting to drip in the tent. Daddy went out into the rain and staked down a huge tarp over out tent and that stopped the rain. But for me, it was too late. I slept on the edge and my bag was wet. With home being 5 minutes away......it was TOO tempting. I asked everyone if they wanted to go home with me. Briggs was my only taker. My bed has never felt so good. =) We went back to the campsite at 7am for some great bacon and eggs with the family and to help clean up. It was fun and made me want to do more camping. I am thinking of planning a camping trip for the fall. Maybe we will spend 3 or 4 nights in Arkansas. They have some mountains there that would be fun to see and hike.