Monday, August 16, 2010

Quincey is growing up

I didn't know how neat it would be to hear my child receive her patriarchal blessing.  Quincey expressed her interest in wanting to get it when we were with Papa at Lake Powell.  My first thought, was no, she is too young.  I was 17 and she is only 14.  Then the thought came to me that just because I wasn't ready, doesn't mean that she isn't.  Then I was excited and happy for her.  I knew she was ready.  Papa and Quincey fasted on Sunday.  Rob and Bethany took all of the kids for a sunset cruise while Papa gave her her Patriarchal Blessing. Grammy, Daddy and I were there to listen.   It was the most wonderful blessing I could imagine.  It is up there with one of the neatest experiences of my life.  I love you Quincey.  You are such a great person.  I'm so lucky to be your Mom.