Saturday, January 12, 2008

The GRAND POOBAH


Quincey is playing the violin in the middle school orchestra. Since she has started, I have learned a few things about an orchestra concert. One thing is that the first chair violinist is "special" for some reason. The entire orchestra comes in together in a line and takes their seats, except the first chair violinist. Then, a moment later, they come in by themselves to receive their very own applause. They bow to the crowd and then they sit down in the front and center. Well, this "special" spot was Quincey's in the Christmas concert. My heart just swelled with pride as she came in, smiled and bowed very properly to the crowd. It was fun. I didn't know what being the first chair violinist was called, so I called her the GRAND POOBAH, to joke around with her. It was fun. Quincey is a super cool girl. (As if her own Mom would think any different, but I'm tellin ya, the girl IS!)