Thursday, December 18, 2008

Briggs Barron





After getting ready for Church, I took some pictures of Briggs while we were waiting for everyone to come. Briggs is so sweet and handsome. I have often thought that in a way, my life as Briggs’s Mom is a piece of cake compared to mothering our other children who will someday move on and make all of their own decisions. For parents of kids who have that potential, you have to always be on guard, always advocate, always consider how this or that will affect the future, You can’t be afraid to confront, you have to tear down walls everywhere you go. You have to be some kind of super parent and do everything just so, whereas I can make mistakes or take a break now and then with Briggs and because it won’t affect the endpoint nearly so much, it a little bit easier. I guess I have put Briggs in the Lords hands. I will do my very best to help him to progress, but we are prepared for no progression and I am at peace with that. It will be fun to see him some day without any challenges, where he can communicate freely and tell us all what he is thinking about. Until then we will love him as much as we can and make sure that he is a happy boy. What a blessing he is. He has made it.