Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eleven Year Old Campout!





Daddy took Briggs camping with the eleven year old scouts. The night before at the dinner table we were all talking about it and Daddy said that he was thinking about taking all of our boys with him and Briggs on the camp out. Boston and Sarger got very excited. Then Daddy said, the only way they could go is if they could do the five mile hike without help. No problem for Boston, but Sarger was questionable being three. The girls and I just looked at each other with stars in our eyes thinking of a girls night with all of the boys gone. What a TREAT! "Oh, I bet Sarger could make it." (I figured at least that Daddy could carry him if he got tired, right?) They all went and Sarger loved every minute of it. He did the entire five miles with out being carried. Trudging through the mud the whole way. I was impressed. The girls and I rented a movie, got pizza, stayed up late and enjoyed a quiet night together. It was great for all!