Monday, August 10, 2009

Cedar Creek Lake!!!






For our summer vacation, our family rented a lake house at Cedar Creek Lake! It was a delightful time. The house was right on the open water. Texas is full of lakes. Which is great because the lakes are never very busy at all. It was rare to see another boat while we were there. We drove about 90 minutes to get to Gun Barrel City, unloaded our gear in the house and then went to launch the boat. I had a scary moment after launching. After the boat floated off of the trailer, I was turning the boat around and what does Paige do but drive it too close to the shore and get caught in the mud. This freaked me out! What if I could not get the boat free? Well, after going in reverse, I came out of the mud and all was well. Loading and unloading the boat makes me so nervous. Anyway, I am getting better and learning each time what NOT to do! =) Other then that moment, the trip went great. No one was hurt or injured (other then my sore muscles from learning to wake board-it's like going 12 rounds with the heavy weight champion!) I did eventually get up on the board and stay up for about 5 seconds!!! I was proud of that accomplishment.