Monday, September 21, 2009

Showers for EVERYONE!!!!!





We have just survived a week of no (well, almost no) running water. It all started when I heard the sound of running water in the wall when it seemed there was nothing turned on. The sound made me feel very nervous. We turned off everything in the house and went to look at the water gage. Sure enough, it was still moving. This told us that there was a leak. The leak was located under the foundation. This did not sound good. It sounded very expensive and scary. The whole process took about a week to fix. They jackhammered a hole in my side of the bathroom floor. I prayed quite a bit about this. That they would be able to fix it and that they would do it quickly and that it might not be too expensive. This all happened the week before my parents were coming. I didn't bother to tell them that we had no running water because I didn't want them to worry about it. =) (They might all of the sudden have a detour straight to Phoenix!) I had faith that it would all be over by the time they arrived. =) Well, the plumbers did a great job. The leak was fix two hours before my parents arrived! We all worked together to get the housed cleaned up, do the dishes, get laundry done and everyone showered up. You never really appreciate something until it is gone. It feels good to have running water again! I feel blessed that it all turned out so well.