Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quincey Went to the Temple


Quincey went to the Dallas Temple this morning with the youth. She came home happy and wanting to tell me all about it. Towards the end of our conversation she said that there was a bride there getting married and that she was so pretty. Then she chuckled and said, "The groom looked funny though." "He was wearing a BOW TIE." This seemed very normal to me, I was thinking, "of course" and I asked, 'Was it a weird bow tie, like crazy colors or something?" No, just a bow tie. My reply was, "Daddy wore a bow tie when we got married." Then she said with a serious voice as she left the room, "Ya, but you lived in the bow tie age.
It surprises me every time when I realize that my kids think that I am old and that it was ages and ages ago when we were young, in college and getting married. It is so funny. I loved that, "The BOW TIE age!" =)