Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day





We started off our Memorial Day by visiting the Flower Mound Cemetery. It is a neat little cemetery with lots of interesting and old graves. One I remember that I would prefer to NOT to have as my epitaph was, "Mother, she did what she could". I am thinking more along the lines of," Mother, she was amazing and will be dearly missed." or something about being the "best Mom in the world" wouldn't be bad either. Anyway, the only person that we know who is buried in that cemetery is Hunter Berry. He was in Briggs class at school and lived on our block. He died at age 10 while on vacation with his family in Mexico. He slipped and drowned in the hot tub. His grave is such a sweet grave. he has a poem that he wrote about all that he was thankful for and all the things he loved. He was sweet to Briggs and that is enough to make us love him. I am glad we were able to visit his grave this Memorial Day.