Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Orchestra Concert

 My high school girl that I adore.
 Bravo! Bravo!
This concert was the first high school concert that we have been to for Quincey.  It was so exciting!  The funniest thing happened.  Let me start with a background.  In middle school Daddy and I would start a standing ovation every time.  (We also taught our kids to do the same.) =) We wanted the kids to get a standing ovation because we felt that they worked hard and would love it, so yes, we would shoot out of our seats and clap our wildly and then the whole audience would follow suit.  It was fun.  Well, this night, at the high school concert, I was busy video taping the concert and not paying attention.  As the last song ended for the freshman orchestra Daddy shot out of his seat clapping wildly.  I was taping away and looked over to see that he was giving them a standing "O", by the time I noticed , it seemed it was over, so I stayed in my seat.  He was all alone in his standing "O".  I cracked up because he was the only one.  Quincey said that he was the HERO backstage with her friends for doing it.  Then later in the concert we planned to give the ovation, which we did and the audience all followed suit.  It was so fun!  While eating refreshments, a senior girl from our ward, (also the Orchestra President) ran up to us was overjoyed because she had just received her FIRST standing ovation in the 4 years she has been in orchestra!!!!  Can you believe it!!!  These kids are now in for a real treat.  Things will never be the same at Flower Mound High School!  Standing O's for EVERYONE!!!!!  The Barron's are in town.