Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Texas Mums

 Here in Texas, we have a thing called "MUMS".  This is very new and fascinating for me, an Arizona girl.  They started out as a corsage and through the years have grown into something larger then life.  Everything is bigger in Texas, right! =D  Turns out these mums cost $150 and it is all the rage to have one!  Well, it happened, Quincey came home from school telling me that she wanted a mum.  Mine and Daddy's reaction, was "No way".  We thought it was dumb.  She told us how we never give her anything and we are to cheap, etc, etc.  We stood our ground and that was that.  As the day went on, I thought about it and was given a great idea!  I would buy supplies and Quincey and I would make "mini mums" for her to give to all of her friends.  That way she was not thinking about herself and her amazing mum that cost $150, but she was giving mums out to everyone else and making people happy.  This is what we did!  The supplies were $35 and they turned out great.  We made 20 mums and they were a huge hit!!!  I'm glad Quincey liked it and it turned out fun.

These are 3 of Quincey's best friends with the TEXAS sized mums.







These are two of the Mini mums that we made.  I think they turned out cute.