Monday, April 7, 2008

I love Koi!


This past week Piper, Sarger and I went to the pet store and picked out 6 new pet Koi for our pond! I am so excited and hopeful that these little three inch fish survive and grow so that they are beautiful and big just like these Koi in the picture. I did some research and it is okay for Koi and Catfish to live in the same pond. We stocked that pond with 150 catfish about two years ago and we have never seen them since. They just hang out at the bottom of the pond eating and hiding from us. Our hopes are that we can train the Koi to eating from us instead of being afraid of humans. The plan is to everyday go out and hit a pipe under the water to alert the fish and then throw the food in. The theory is that they will get used to it and one day come up as soon as they hear the pipe. We think that would be fun top do. I wonder how long it will take to train them? We shall see.