Friday, May 9, 2008

A Great Time in my Life


This is my bridal picture. I designed my own wedding dress by piecing together other dresses that I saw in magazines. I chose for the skirt to be white velvet. The seamstress that made the dress had been sewing wedding dresses for 30 years had never made one with velvet in it. I felt special and different. I designed Pipers blessing dress to be similar to mine in that I made the skirt white velvet too. It was fun. I loved my wedding dress and felt that it was "me". My wedding and reception was great. I did not do anything expensive or extravagant. I did not get my hair or my nails done. I did not buy a new dress for the luncheon. I got by with as little "extras" as possible. It was not about the way it all looked, it was just about marrying Tag. It was a wonderful time in my life. I truly was the luckiest girl in the world and still am.