Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wood anyone?




We have an abundance of wood at our house. Each spring we pile up a huge mound of sticks and logs from clearing out any dead branches or trees. My husband loves to get out his chain saw and add to the pile. Tag and I spent one whole day working hard and non stop burning sticks and cutting up logs for next winters wood pile. I haven't worked that hard in a long time (if ever!). It felt good to see the huge pile go away and to clean up the area. I love it that my husband can work so hard and I love to work along side him. Good times. People often ask me if I'm sick of all our land yet. To tell the truth, taking care of our land is one of the things that Tag and I enjoy the most. We are supposed to learn how to work hard in this life and if you think about it, anything that is special or worth while takes work.