Wednesday, March 26, 2008

USS Alabama Battleship






This was one of the highlights on our vacation for me. We toured the USS Alabama battleship in Mobile, Alabama. It was amazing! Thousands of sailors were on this ship at once. It had been in many battles. It was an amazing maze of 10 levels and stairs and ladders everywhere. Now, with all of this going through tunnels and up and down ladders, what happens? Well, we lost Briggs! It just did not surprise me. I was not worried because I knew that he would be ok, but it did strike me as a funny thing. Daddy, Quincey and Boston were running all over the ship yelling for Briggs while I kept Sarger and Piper in one place. It was about 20 minutes of this scene until Quincey found him. It turns out that he was looking for a bathroom and ended up wetting his pants. Poor guy. We were able to finish the tour and then we got to see some fighter planes that were on display.